Consider changing mercury amalgams to something less toxic. Mercury fillings are composed of approximately 50% mercury, 13% tin, 35% silver, and 2% copper. Not a single study has ever been published that proves the claim that mercury fillings are safe. Each time we brush our teeth, chew gum, drink or eat, mercury vapour is released from the fillings. We then ingest it further into our bodies. 40% of the mercury found in a filling can be released from the filling over the course of a decade.
Amalgams have been found to cause problems with the brain and nervous system. They can damage the kidneys, liver and thyroid. They also show a connection to Alzheimer's disease. Cadavers with mercury fillings have more mercury in the brain and kidneys than those with no mercury amalgams. If the government will not allow us to consume fish that swim in mercury contaminated water, and of which the fish absorb minute amounts, why should we be encouraged to put large amounts of it in our mouth?
Dentists protect themselves by wearing a protective mask while the patient does not. The dentist is required by law to place removed mercury into a hazardous waste container and disposed properly. But we the patients are not protected. Why is this so?
Have your current amalgams checked for leakage and have these fixed or changed. Take a heavy metal chelating agent to remove mercury from the body.
NERVE SENSITIVITY & ROOT CANALS
Typical nerve sensitivity to hot or cold foods could indicate a Vitamin B insufficiency. Try a supplement of Vitamin B Complex 100, or even more, for 2 weeks or a little while longer for relief. If there is a sensitivity or mild pain when biting down on a tooth, it could be nerve irritation. Try this Vitamin B therapy too. With a mild issue like this, it could help rather than having a root canal done on the tooth right away. If there is severe pain, of course, root canal work may be necessary by your dentist. But if time is on your side, this Vitamin B Complex Therapy is worth trying first.