EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE
EFT is based on impressive discoveries involving the body's subtle energies. Whenever we think or speak about a stressful situation or issue, we can have an emotional response. This stressful, emotional response causes a disruption in the energy field. This in turn can cause physical illness or hinder our participation in life. The following Tapping Method of the Emotional Freedom Technique can actually restore the subtle energies back into balance. Then we can be free of any emotional distress. EFT has clinically proven to be 80% effective for the following:
- addictive cravings
- and hundreds of other physical symptoms
EFT can be the missing piece to the healing puzzle.
- Often works where nothing else will.
- Usually rapid, long lasting and gentle
- No drugs or equipment involved
- Can be easily learned and used on self
TAPPING THE POINTS
The following tapping takes place on the acupuncture points of the body. The breathing, counting and humming have to do with the functioning of the brain.
Before tapping the points, assess your stress level. Think or speak about your issue. Tune into it. As you play the emotional tape or movie of the issue, become aware of your emotional response. Assess your upsetting stress on a number scale from 1-10. Then do the tapping for Part I. When done, your stress level should drop some points. Repeat Part 1 until the number drops to zero. If the number does not drop, then continue on by doing Part II. Your emotional stress should drop to zero so that you do not feel any distress at all. This means that you now do not have a disruption of your energy whenever you think or speak of this issue. It might be permanent in most cases, or the technique might have to be repeated at another time again.
On the upper part of the chest just above the armpit, find the tender spot. Rub in a clockwise direction on that spot while saying… two or three times…
“Even though I have this _______________, (eg. pain, depression, anxiety, etc.) I deeply and completely accept myself.”
Then say, “________________” (anxiety, pain, etc) as you tap with two fingers on each of the following points:
- At the beginning of an eyebrow, just above and to one side of the nose.
- On the bone bordering the outside corner of an eye.
- On the bone under an eye about one inch below your pupil.
- On the small area between the bottom of your nose and the top of your upper lip.
- Midway between the point of your chin and the bottom of your lower lip.
- The junction where the sternum (breastbone), collarbone and first rib meet. To locate it, first place your forefinger on the U-shaped notch at the top of the breastbone (about where a man would knot his tie). From the bottom of the U, move your forefinger down toward the navel one inch and then go to the left (or right) one inch.
- On the side of the body, about 4 inches below the armpit at a point even with the nipple (for men), or in the middle of the bra strap (for women).
- The intersection of two lines on the top of the head (the tip of one ear, over your head, to the tip of the other ear; and a line from the tip of your nose, to the base of your skull).
- Take 2 breaths in and out.
If your STRESS NUMBER has not dropped at all, continue with Part II.
- On the back of either hand, ½ inch below the midpoint between the knuckles at the base of the ring finger and the little finger.
- Located in the middle of the outside of the hand, between the top of the wrist bone and the base of the baby finger. You can tap on this point for a Psychological Reversal. It also stands for Polar Reversal, as in the north and south poles being reversed in the body due to unresolved grief, anger, stress and pain which causes a psychological reversal in our energy field that is usually undetectable. We don't know our energy is reversed except for the fact that our life seems to be “jinxed”. We seem to sabotage ourselves in certain areas in order to remain in our “comfort zone”.
While tapping continuously on both of these points #9 & #10 at the same time, do the following:
- Close eyes
- Open eyes
- Look hard down to the right
- Look hard down to the left
- Circle eyes 360 degrees in one direction
- Circle eyes 360 degrees in other direction
- Hum 5 seconds of Happy Birthday
- Count to 5
- Hum 5 seconds of Happy Birthday
Follow the directions above.
“Even though I have these ____________ (name foods or substances) sensitivities, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
Then tap the points by saying “sensitivities”.
Always do Part I & Part II as you will not assess yourself on the 1-10 Scale.
Try to do this every day. It will increase your level of tolerance to those foods or substances so that you will be able to tolerate increasing amounts. Later, when you become proficient at tapping, you may find that you don't have to tap any more. Just say the words, and then do the 2 breaths. This will be enough to balance your subtle energies and correct the allergy.
You can learn how to help yourself by practicing these simple techniques with a facilitator, until you feel comfortable and confident doing them on your own. Later, when you become proficient at tapping, you may find that you don't have to tap any more. Just say the words, and then do the 2 breaths. This will be enough to balance your subtle energies and correct the issue.
PROGRAMS & THERAPIES