Have not had a period for 12 months or longer
Periods are lighter, less often, and last a few days
Age of 45 years or older
Intercourse is painful
Memory problems and brain fog occur
Skin is dry and wrinkled
Not sleeping well
Feeling anxious, irritable and tire easily
Don't have a desire for sex
Increase in vaginal infections
Hot flashes during the day
Hair loss at hair line
If you think that you are in menopause, it is time to have a new look at your life. Look at menopause as a beginning rather than an end. Try things that you have always wanted to do but had no time for when you were raising young children and building your career.
- See your Physician to determine if you are in menopause along with hormonal blood tests.
- Ask your Physician for a dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan to check your bone density. DEXA is the gold standard for determining osteoporosis.
- Address any underlying thyroid and adrenal imbalance or gut dysbiosis like Candida albicans and be sure to cleanse and support the function of the liver and colon. This can be done with your Natural Health Practitioner.
- Eat a diet rich in cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and kale).
- Reduce the stress in your life. Have a massage at least once a month. Start looking after yourself. Do one thing you love to do at least once a day. Tell your loved ones you need “extra” love, attention and help. It is OK to ask.